Bootstrap has been released recently in version 3.0.
Bootstrap is a open-source HTML/CSS toolkit (Apache 2 licence) to build modern websites or web applications. It’s not a framework but a set of css styles and jQuery plugins to help kick starting your application with responsive layout and modern design that works on desktop browsers as well as on mobile devices.
The new features of version 3.0 include:
- New theme (flat design) – to match the current design trend
- Mobile first, responsive design – to better adjust with different screen resolutions
- Improved responsive behavior of the grid system, navbar and modals
- CSS3 box-sizing: border-box used by default for everything in Bootstrap
- New Glyphicons icon font with 40 new glyphs
- New components: panels and list groups
- Removed components: accordion, submenu, typeahead
- Support for Internet Explorer 7 and Firefox 3.6 has been dropped. IE8 requires Respond.js for responsive behavior.