Due to late availability of JSR-292 (Invoke Dynamic) and JSR-334 (Project Coin) and due to the official release date (July 28, 2011) of Java 7 being after 3.7 ships we had to defer the Java 7 support to 3.7.1. It has not yet been decided whether this will be available as part of the 3.7.1 downloads or as separate feature update.
Project Coin is an effort to add a set of small language changes to Java SE 7, mainly:
- Strings in switch
- Binary integral literals and underscores in numeric literals
- Multi-catch and more precise rethrow
- Improved Type Inference for Generic Instance Creation (diamond)
- try-with-resources statement
- Simplified Varargs Method Invocation